[arch-dev-public] License rebuild: last step

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun May 10 00:13:16 EDT 2009

Just bumping to get more input.  And doing an update/summary at the same time.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The license rebuild for core/extra is almost done. Only a few
> problematic packages remains. I'll post the list here with potential
> solutions. Read along and comment/discuss as apropriate.
>
> codecs:
> emovix-codecs:
> - There is no license information in the tarball or on mplayer's site.
> Other distros use the following licenses:

Do we keep them? Remove them? More input would be required to get a concenssus.

> dgen-sdl:
> FS#12564 and license issue. x86_64 package will probably be removed
> because of this. I guess I could go ahead and add the license to the
> i686 package.

James contacted the code author and got permission to patch it. So the
x86_64 package will be fixed and the license will be added.

> docbook-xml:
> Flagged out-of-date. As the PKGBUILD is non-trivial, I'll let Jan
> handle this one. ;)

Still needs to be done.

> mkpxelinux:
> - Tobias P. custom script. License is unspecified. Tobias: can you
> give it a license?

Still needs to be done.

> termcap-compat:
> - need to rebuild ssh2 (community) without it: FS#14570. Then remove?

 termcap-compat was removed.

> License rebuilds currently in testing. I'll move them in a few days
> (even if ipw2100-fw doesn't have the required signoffs):
> ipw2100-fw
> rbldnsd
> ypbind-mt
> ypserv

these rebuilds were moved to core/extra.

No objections so far in doing the proposed cleanup:

To unsupported:
guile-gtk
hwd
lshwd
unionfs-utils
user-mode-linux
xsmbrowser

To be removed completely (no longer build/work):
ccaudio
ksymoops
randline
xmame-sdl