[arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue May 12 05:57:24 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin:
> I made a few small changes and pushed them to git. I have not fully
> committed all of the db-update changes, as I'm not entirely sure why
> some of these changes were made - for instance: why was the pkglisting
> broken out to the top of the file?

It seems I had forgotten to reply to the above! Sorry.

The current dev version of db-update will stop with errors if, for at
least one of the three arch categories, no package is present under
$staging. In other words, if you run it and there are N packages for
arch=any, but none for arch=i686, for instance. The script attempts to
copy files for each arch, but if none is there, cp returns an error and
db-update will die. I send you a patch to fix that by checking first for
the existence of at least one package before attempting to copy it to
the ftp tree.
I'm also sending you three additional patches: a second one to create
the $WORKDIR before cd'ing to it, a third one that fixes an obvious bug
in the creation of symlinks, and a fourth one to fix the incorrect
redirection of error messages for get_svnpath in db-functions.

Hope it helps...

> Regarding the new convert2any script you added - I'd prefer to fix the
> existing script rather than add a new one - or at least preserve some
> of the logic (such as sourcing of makepkg.conf)

All right, perhaps Abhishek can do that? ;)