[arch-dev-public] glibc-2.10 toolchain in [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed May 13 10:06:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have just push the glibc-2.10(.1) toolchain rebuild into [testing].
Apart from the glibc bump, I also updated gmp and took a newer gcc-4.4
snapshot which fixes a few compile issues.

Here goes some information about the glibc update:
http://udrepper.livejournal.com/20948.html

The whole broken DNS server issue rears its head again.  It is a bit
more fixed than with glibc-2.9, but if you are having issues, read the
above link for ways to handle this.

Some C++ programs that did incorrect things with string const-ness will
fail to compile with glibc-2.10.  If you have issues, look to Fedora for
patches as F11 has done their builds with this.

Allan