[arch-dev-public] License rebuild: last step

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:07:54 EDT 2009

Another (final?) update.

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just bumping to get more input.  And doing an update/summary at the same time.
>
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The license rebuild for core/extra is almost done. Only a few
>> problematic packages remains. I'll post the list here with potential
>> solutions. Read along and comment/discuss as apropriate.
>>
>> codecs:
>> emovix-codecs:
>> - There is no license information in the tarball or on mplayer's site.
>> Other distros use the following licenses:
>
> Do we keep them? Remove them? More input would be required to get a concenssus.

No packages in the repo depends on the codecs anymore. We can remove them.

>> dgen-sdl:
>> FS#12564 and license issue. x86_64 package will probably be removed
>> because of this. I guess I could go ahead and add the license to the
>> i686 package.
>
> James contacted the code author and got permission to patch it. So the
> x86_64 package will be fixed and the license will be added.

The x86_64 package is now fixed but now the i686 one seg fault after
being rebuilt.  See bug report for more details or if you want to help
fixing it. We might remove it from the repo after all.

>> docbook-xml:
>> Flagged out-of-date. As the PKGBUILD is non-trivial, I'll let Jan
>> handle this one. ;)
>
> Still needs to be done.

Done. As the update is a major one and Jan seems to be busy, I added
the license to the version currently in extra.

>> mkpxelinux:
>> - Tobias P. custom script. License is unspecified. Tobias: can you
>> give it a license?
>
> Still needs to be done.

Done.

Proposed cleanup that will be done at the end of the week unless
there's an objection:

 To unsupported:
 guile-gtk
 hwd
 lshwd
 unionfs-utils
 user-mode-linux
 xsmbrowser

 To be removed completely (no longer build/work):

 ccaudio
 codecs
 emovix-codecs
 ksymoops