[arch-dev-public] [signoff] xz-utils and libarchive-2.7.0-2

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun May 31 08:14:48 EDT 2009

Hi devs,

we had a long discussion about xz/lzma support some time ago. So I finally
added xz-utils to testing and rebuild libarchive to make use of it.

If everything is OK we can move both to core and remove lzma-utils from extra.

I don't know if anything else has to be recompiled to add support for xz/lzma.

PS: you can build xz archive with bsdtar (part of libarchive).
PPS: the git version of pacman/makepkg (future 3.3) should support the xz
format (not tested)

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76