[arch-dev-public] [signoff] mdadm-3.1-1

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:45:29 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> bump to latest version, please signoff.
> Due to lack of hardware also users can signoff.
> Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.
>
> One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our rc.sysinit
> will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit code 2, due to
> devices busy.

1. I think we have a lot of developers using mdadm and software RAID.
2. This is not a "bump" at all, it is a major jump from 2.6.9 to 3.1.
I think changelogs would be appropriate along with some bake time:
http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob_plain;f=ANNOUNCE-3.0;hb=7f0066ba713a8f3ddf093c038e009fde74d673a5
http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob_plain;f=ANNOUNCE-3.1;h=343b85da627402c709a4526f095ccf194f48ee48;hb=7f0066ba713a8f3ddf093c038e009fde74d673a5

-Dan