[arch-dev-public] [signoff] fakeroot-1.14.3-1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 4 05:07:24 EST 2009

Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Allan McRae schrieb:

> This package still has a useless post_install message displayed on
> each upgrade. The message suggests that in the case of problems, one
> should rebuild the package with --with-ipc=tcp, which will break it
> completely.

According to the documentation that comes with fakeroot (and is
installed in /usr/share/doc/fakeroot/README):

fakeroot can be built to either use SYSV IPC or TCP for message passing.

Cases for which the SYSV IPC version fails or causes problems but for
which fakeroot-tcp has been observed to work well include the items
listed below.

  * Multithreaded applications (using pthread)
  * Running under realtime-preempt kernel

So unless I am missing something, it does not seem entirely wrong.
Anyway, I will remove the install message from SVN so it will not appear
for the next rebuild.

Allan