[arch-dev-public] Upstream bug closures

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 9 13:27:44 EST 2009

On 09/11/2009, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I see a lot of bugs getting closed with "Upstream" lately because
> they're not packaging bugs. This is not the way to solve bugs. The only
> bugs that should be closed upstream are the ones in binary modules like
> flashplugin or nvidia binary drivers. Opensource software can be fixed
> or debugged, so we should do that instead of using this bogus closure
> option.
I agree with you here. We should debug or fix software issues (I
closed 30 minutes ago an upstream bug about sonata, but I will
investigate on that), anyway the recent closed bugs are about kernel
and some devices and I do not know how many of us are kernel
developers.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer