[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.32 experiences

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Nov 21 11:21:02 EST 2009

I've built kernel 2.6.32rc8git1. My ati/radeon drm modules now
requires its own firmware that will be part of new kernel26-firmware
pkg.

And we need to fix mkinitcpio to include that firmware for kms early
mode that now fails due to missing firmware. It did not help to add
FILES="/lib/firmware/radeon/R300_cp.bin" :( - maybe we need a new hook
for that.

good news: 3D performance seems greatly improved. glxgears almost
doubled here with my X200m card.

bad news: supertuxkart crashes instantly:
[andyrtr at laptop64 ~]$ LANG=C supertuxkart
Data files will be fetched from: '/usr/share/supertuxkart/'
Highscores will be saved in
'/home/andyrtr/.supertuxkart/highscore.data'.
File radeon_dma.c function radeonReleaseDmaRegions line 348 Leaking dma
buffer object!
supertuxkart: radeon_bo_legacy.c:207: legacy_is_pending: Zusicherung
>>bo_legacy->is_pending <= bo->cref<< nicht erf?llt. Abgebrochen

I hope we will not be forced to switch to libdrm git shots...

-Andy