[arch-dev-public] Status of gimp/gimp-devel

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:04:55 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You remind me that I installed gegl and gimp git (AUR packages) 10 days ago :
>>> local/gegl-git 20091117-1 [1,75 MB]
>>> local/gimp-git 20091117-1 [49,85 MB]
>>>
>>> I cannot reproduce any segfaults in gimp or gegl. What do I have to do ?
>>> Running gegl does show a lot of warnings but never any segfaults.
>>> Running gimp does not show any errors or warnings.
>>> But that's on i686. Is it a x86-64 specific problem ?
>>>

>> Does the gegl GUI starts?
>>

> Ah there is a GUI ? :)
> I just got an empty window. Since gegl seemed to be a library, that
> did not bother me too much.
>
> I just tried in Gimp : Tools -> gegl action . And it seems to work fine.

FYI: Everything has been updated.  For gegl, I used a git snapshot as
it seemed to work better than the 0.1.0 release.  The display window
doesn't have a menu bar as in 0.0.22 but that might be a feature.
Anyway, it doesn't seg fault. I also tested several gegl operations in
gimp and everything worked fine.