[arch-dev-public] thunderbird-i18n split again ...

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 1 18:31:12 EDT 2009

Andrea Scarpino schrieb:
> On 02/10/2009, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> See:
>> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-commits/2009-October/062928.html
>>
>> Giovanni, I hate to have to point fingers here, but before making such a
>> change to somebody else's package, it should be discussed here. Now we
>> have split the big package into many small ones - that's okay. But you
>> neither provided a reasonable upgrade path, without any conflicts to the
>> old package and so on. Such problems have to be considered before
>> pushing such a package to extra, not after.
> It's completely MY fault. Sorry, I will fix packages tomorrow morning
> (0.30am here).
> Sorry again.

Oops, I am sorry. I thought I read Giovanni in the commits, but that one
was yours. Well, I'll point the finger to you then.

It was partially broken before: ALL .xpi files have to be in
noextract=(...) for it to make sense. And they must be extracted all
separately, otherwise they will all have the same (wrong) .manifest file.