[arch-dev-public] commits ML for community repo

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 13 19:43:15 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it make more sense to set up a commits RSS where everyone can
>>> choose what he wants, rather than have so many different lists?
>>>
>>> I vote for one list for all, the posts should be named such that one can
>>> easily filter what is needed.
>>>
>> If you propose a tool that will turn SVN commits into an RSS feed, I
>> will gladly set it up. As far as I know, they're not going to be as
>> easy to use as you'd like here (with the picking and choosing part).
>>
>> Example: http://eds.activemath.org/en/node/209
>>

> Here's an idea. Considering we no longer have CVS repos displayed on
> repos.archlinux.org, we could switch to an SVN only web viewer that
> supports this. http://demo.websvn.info/listing.php?repname=WebSVN&

My only concern about an RSS feed _instead_ of the mailing list is that
sometimes overnight, KDE or GNOME move and there is several hundred
messages.  So unless the feed it is serving is very large, I would be
bound to miss some.  The same thing is annoying me with flyspray (10
latest bugs) although there is probably a way around that...

Allan