[arch-dev-public] [signoff] klibc stuff + mkinitcpio

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 21 18:32:08 EDT 2009

I put new klibc, klibc-kbd, klibc-m-i-t, klibc-udev, klibc-extras and
v86d to testing. Those are no version bumps, but just a rebuild of klibc
against 2.6.31 with a small bugfix (see more below) - and the
corresponding rebuilds for the new ABI, as with each change of build
headers for klibc.

mkinitcpio also needed a rebuild due to the klibc-kbd versioned
dependency that was wrong - I didn't change the version here either.

Signoff procedure:
1) cp /boot/kernel26.img /boot/kernel26.img.working
2) pacman -Syu
3) mkinitcpio -p kernel26
4) reboot

i686 packages are completely untested, x86_64 works and boots.

About the fixed bug: Recently, ps ax would display:
     1 ?        Ss     0:01 ini
while it should (and does now) display
     1 ?        Ss     0:01 init [5]
This confused and annoyed people.

As for uclibc-initramfs: I didn't have time anymore, but last time I
tried, I was unable to get the toolchain to work as I would expect.
Thus, I keep maintaining klibc crap.