[arch-dev-public] cacert certificate now recognized by all browsers (hopefully)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Oct 23 08:32:59 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I add a small patch from Debian to nss yesterday which applies the cacert root
certificate. Some time ago I also made KDE and Qt to use the certs from the
ca-certificates package which includes the cert from cacert.

So, Arch is now one of the distros where those cerst are supported.

BTW: we might now be able to use such a cert for e.g. dev.archlinux.org.

PS: ATM I am testing what happens when archlinux.de is exclusively accessible
via https.

--

Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre