[arch-dev-public] cacert certificate now recognized by all browsers (hopefully)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Oct 23 14:04:42 EDT 2009

Am Freitag 23 Oktober 2009 18:26:08 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> I actually did get a cert from cacert a while back, but it was no
> different than self-signing, so I believe I just went with that. Feel
> free to switch to cacert if you want, I got an email recently about
> the one I got expiring soon

Well, a verified cert is a lot better thean a self-signed; also in our case
its more a nice-to-have.

Did you create a wildcard certificate for archlinux.org and *.archlinux.org?
Only you can create a new cert or renew the current one. (I could generate a
key pair though)

Maybe we can use such a cert for other things in future. (smtp, optional
https, package/code signing etc.)

Pierre

--

Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre