[arch-dev-public] Split packages across repos

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 28 02:26:23 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 28 Oktober 2009 04:47:31 schrieb Allan McRae:
>
>> Does anyone have
>> ideas on how we could handle this?
>>

> I think we discussed this when introducing split packages. With our current
> repo structure in svn this is not really possible.

How badly would I break things doing this:
 - copy repos/core-i686 to repos/extra-i686
 - manually move the gcc packages that should not be in [core].

I suppose that would result in missing package complaints by our cleanup
script...

What would need done to our current svn repo structure to support this?
Is having the svn entries only in the $pkgbase folder rather than a
folder for each package a real problem?

Allan