[arch-dev-public] changes needed in db-scritps - Was: The docs/!docs thing again

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:54:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think everything is in there and live in /arch-test/
>>>
>>> Can I get one or two "go aheads" to move it live? Then we can work on
>>> this malarky.
>>
>> I've been using /arch-test/ since you set it up. I haven't encountered
>> any problems.  You'll also need to add the sourceballs and source
>> cleanup scripts to the cron jobs.
>
> Ok, I'll do the move soon. How often should the sourceball cleanup
> run? As often as the package cleanup?

No. For reasons  explained in the patch comment, weekly is frequent
enough for the source cleanup cronjob. For the regular souceballs cron
job set it to run every 8 hrs as before. As it hadn't ran for a while,
it'll have some catch up to do. If it's too slow or too resource
expensive, we could have it run less often (1 or 2 times per day).
I'll keep an eye on it. And perhaps profile it when time will permits.