[arch-dev-public] making a devtools release

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 06:26:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am intending to make one after applying a few patches that have been sent
> to the mailing lists.  I know that are few people are already using a git
> version for community and arch=any support so it should be good to go.
>
> Does anyone know of anything blocking a devtools release?
>
> Allan

I've been using a git version (with the fixes I submited in the ML.
I'll need to check if they were all commited to git) of the devtools
for a while and it's working well.  The only major issue is that
commit  doesn't work for split packages. You need to scp, svn commit,
archrelease manually.

I started looking into it with the intention of simply using a
wildcard (scp *${PKGEXT}).  However, if a package is not in the trunk
directory, commitpkg looks in $PKGDEST for the package. So wildcards
won't work.

As splitted packages can have have their own pkgver and/or pkgrel, the
question is to figure out which pkgver and pkrel goes with which
pkgname.  I don't have any idea on how to do that.  If someone has any
idea/hints, I could work out the details.

Eric