[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-lts 2.6.27.31-2

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Sep 1 08:01:39 EDT 2009

This is our new Long Time Supported Kernel recommended for server usage
and our general fallback kernel that already made it into the
distrowatch news section :)

It should now be ready to move into the repos. Please install it along the
kernel26 and add it to your grub/lilo section. Give it a try but don't
expect any 3rd party modules or late grafics stuff for desktops. Only
full Ext4 support has been added for fallback reasons. Please report if
you can boot well and if dmesg is clean.

Choice of repo. Most devs say it belongs to core. I'm fine with that. Is
it safe to push it to core? Some people have concerns about the iso image
size.

-Andy