[arch-dev-public] Moving DB scripts live

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:10:47 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger schrieb:
>>>
>>> Yep, it should work fine.
>>>

>> It seem to have worked fine.  BTW, why don't we create testing2coreany
>> and testing2extraany scripts?  It would be be more convenient than
>> using db-move directely.
>
> Hm, why not simply with testing2x? If the package is not in core/extra yet,
> using db-move for the first time should be fine. After that, you can use
> testing2x and it will detemine the target repository automatically.
>
> It should probably get a --i686-only and --x86_64-only switch, although I
> don't know who would use it.

testing2x will not work. you need to explicitely tell db-move that
it's an any arch package, e.g:

/arch/db-move festival-rablpc16k testing extra any

testing2x only runs:
$(dirname $0)/db-move "${pkg}" "testing" "${repo}" "${_arch}"

where _arch is either i686 or x86_64.  Until any support is add to it,
testing2x will fail.