[arch-dev-public] db-remove slightly broken on x86_64

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:41:38 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was running db-remove on weechat in [testing] (the version in [extra] was
>> updated and no longer needs a rebuild for ruby) yesterday and I got some
>> weird output.
>>
>> [allan at gerolde ~]$ /arch/db-remove weechat testing i686
>> ==> Removing package 'weechat' from 'testing'...
>> Checked out revision 51221.
>>  Removing from subversion
>>  Removing from testing DB file (i686)
>> ==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
>> ==> Searching for package 'weechat'...
>> ==> Creating updated database file 'testing.db.tar.gz'
>> Package files will be cleaned up automatically
>>
>> [allan at gerolde ~]$ /arch/db-remove weechat testing x86_64
>> ==> Removing package 'weechat' from 'testing'...
>> Checked out revision 51222.
>>  Removing from subversion
>>  Removing from testing DB file (i686)
>> ==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
>> ==> Searching for package 'weechat'...
>> ==> ERROR: Package matching 'weechat' not found.
>> ==> No packages modified, nothing to do.
>> Package files will be cleaned up automatically
>> error: repo lock doesn't exist... something went terribly wrong!
>>
>> I'm guessing the PKGBUILD is sourced and the arch variable is overwritten...
>>  I am a bit busy to look into this at the moment so I am flagging it for
>> someone else to look at.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> It's already fixed in git.

Yeah, I was gone all weekend, otherwise I would have pushed new DB scripts.

Please check and test /arch-test if you get a chance. It has the
following changes:
Aaron Griffin (15):
      Add db-community
      Replace DB_COMPRESSION with DBEXT in the config
      Uncomment BUILDSCRIPT in the config file
      Remove dependence on makepkg.conf
      Fix an error in db-move due to DBEXT commit
      Replace a string compare with a -f check
      Remove find-dupes script (unused)
      More makepkg.conf removal - prefer toplevel config
      More removal of DB_COMPRESSION from cron jobs
      Use db-functions file everywhere
      Replace pkgname with pkgbase, for split packages
      Add SRCEXT to config
      Quiet sourceball output when license is skipped
      sourceballs: explicitly add the 'any' arch
      Added sourceballs.force entries

Dan McGee (1):
      Add DB_COMPRESSION var to all scripts that need it

Eric Bélanger (2):
      Variable rename fix: SVN_PATH -> SVNREPO
      Fix arch parameter handling in db-remove

Thomas Bächler (3):
      Avoid confusing messages and potential problems when no packages
are present
      Make ftpdir-cleanup NOT delete all packages if databas extraction fails
      Add DB_COMPRESSION='gz', as this has been removed from makepkg.conf

Xavier Chantry (2):
      check_packages : add support for split packages.
      add deplist to hierarchy problems

Additionally, I have 4 more patches from Xavier for the integrity check pending