[arch-dev-public] adding support for Intel Atom-330/nVidia based motherboards sensors

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Sep 9 04:47:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 10:18 +0200, Xavier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Tobias Powalowski<t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1199797&page=1
> > http://mabene.icomedias.com/coretemp.patch
> > got a mail about this kernel patch, i think it looks safe.
> >
> > Any objections in adding it before releasing 2.6.30.6?
> > It will be not included in the .31 series.
> >

> I looked for an upstream submission.
> It might help in the decision :
> http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/18577/
> especially this message :
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/6/18/385

So basically the patch isn't a bad thing, but the values are just
guessed, which means the core temperatures reported are not actually the
values that intel intended.

If upstream doesn't apply it, I don't feel comfortable with applying
such a patch either, for the same reasons. Temperature display is nice,
but it's useless if the scale is just a guessed value.