[arch-dev-public] Enable KMS by default for radeon and intel?

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Sat Sep 12 02:13:28 EDT 2009

Am Samstag 12 September 2009 schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> > HI guys,
> > Shall i enable kms switch on per default on next .31 rebuild?
> > Radeon will not work without this switch.
> > Intel seems stable?
> > Jan or anyone else any input on this?
>
> What? Why will radeon not work without this switch? I have no idea
> where you came to that conclusion, as I booted and was in X just fine
> for at least a little bit (until I got a NPE, stack trace in the
> signoff thread).
>
> -Dan

Andy doens't get the modeswitch=1 option if not enabled, imho this is a bug in
the kernel.
He only get kms with this option set on.
I don't know if we should enable it by default, i only have nvidia graphic
cards and don't suffer from this at all.
We can also wait until next major release.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski