[arch-dev-public] openssl 1.0 rebuild

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Apr 1 04:54:53 CEST 2010

I have rebuild all core and some other packages. It's now time for
everybody to join the rebuild party. We rebuild heimdal and openssl at
once. See https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/30/ and

If you rebuild packages you should build bottom-up; means rebuild the deps
of a package first. It's probably best to join our irc channel to
communicate which packages you are about to rebuild. If something doesn't
build you might find patches at

And please avoid using versioned deps.

Btw: I think we have a problem with the pacman update. Am I right that a
-Syu will update pacman first without loading openssl which will result in
a broken pacman? This might probably the only valid usage of a versiond
dep. If that's true we might consider to keep openssl in tar.gz, too.

Happy building,