[arch-dev-public] WARNING: [testing] broken due to openssl and heimdal rebuilds

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:42:29 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 07/04/10 14:55, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:49:19 +1000, "Allan McRae"<allan at archlinux.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> External downloaders can be used.   It just has to be done as:
>>> pacman -Syuw
>>> pacman -Su
>>
>> So SyncFirst is ignored when using -w?
>
> Yeah... maybe not, but the user can choose "N" when asked.
>
>> That's even better. So, one need to
>> update in three simple steps then: :P
>> pacman -Syuw
>> pacman -Su
>> pacman -Su

Thus the reason I didn't want those deps in there, it gets way too complex.

When we roll this whole thing out, can we just post in the news that
you should pay close attention to the output and likely will have to
`pacman -S kernel26` (and anything else that errored) if you want to
be sure things are working OK? Obviously not ideal. Especially now
that we've tied a major kernel bump to this, hmm.

-Dan