[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] WARNING: [testing] broken due to openssl and heimdal rebuilds

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Apr 7 13:21:25 EDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:23:40 -0500, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan and I talked a bit on IRC and we both came to some idea that a
> vercmp without any deps would probably be a good solution. We can hack
> this up for now, file attached to do so.
>
> If this goes into the pacman package dir in SVN and we just add a "gcc
> -O2 -o vercmp vercmp.c" in there and put it in the right place, we can
> avoid a lot of hassle with everything here.

I think that's the best (temporary solution) so far. I have added a patch
to svn trunk:
<http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/packages?op=comp&compare[]=%2Fpacman%2Ftrunk@76068&compare[]=%2Fpacman%2Ftrunk@76084>

This does work fine because we build with "--as-needed". Is this
acceptable? Otherwiese we could patch the Makefile, too or manually compile
as you suggested.

Pierre