[arch-dev-public] openssl 1.0 rebuild

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 8 05:41:12 EDT 2010

Am 07.04.2010 11:49, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> Fedora uses openssl 1 since Fedora 12 which means if there are any issues
>> we'll probably find a solution there. Till then I just need to port the man
>> page patch (easy) and see why it compiles with -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 on
>> x86_64 and if that is an issue at all.
>
> The new openssl breaks RADIUS authentication with wpa_supplicant for me.
> It fails to verify the CA certificate and aborts authentication. It
> works if I disable verification of the certificates in the configuration
> (which is bad, but still helps).

Thanks to a hint from Pierre, I fixed it:
 # update-ca-certificates --fresh
The hashes in /etc/ssl/certs are different from the ones before the
command, so I suspect there will be more failures like this. Can we
please get the above command in post_install in the case we are
upgrading from a version older than 1.0.0?