[arch-dev-public] db-5 rebuild

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 9 01:41:14 EDT 2010

On 09/04/10 14:50, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:41:36 +1000
> schrieb "Allan McRae"<allan at archlinux.org>:
>
>> Another week, another rebuild.  This time it is the update to db-5.
>> It looks like the big version jump is due to adding new features
>> rather than API changes, but I need to investigate further.
>
> What are your plans? My quad feels cold...

Well...  I am still figuring things out.  Looking at the API changes
from 4.8->5.0, it seems this should not be a hard rebuild...

We are going to need a 'db4' package as some things on the rebuild list
probably should not be updated to db5 yet.  I believe Jan wants
evolution-data-server to stay built against db4.8 and I would prefer
python to do so too (until upstream OKs it).

So my plan is:
1) update db to 5.0
2) upload db4 package
3) post message telling everyone using [testing] to install db4 (with
--asdep)
4) start rebuilds - these can be done slowly due to the db4 package and
I recommend maintainers decide what gets updated to db5 or not.

Expect db4 and updated db to hit the repos soon.

Allan