[arch-dev-public] [signoff] syslog-ng-3.1.0-1
allan at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 11 07:09:51 EDT 2010
Upstream update. Signoff both.
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:15:40 +0100
* Fixed Solaris 10 SMF script to properly handle svcadm refresh
* Fixed a possible segmentation fault for unix-dgram/unix-stream
destinations on some (non-Linux) platforms.
* Fixed processing empty log entries when using the syslog()
* Fixed processing partially received syslog messages.
* Decrease the frequency of gettimeofday() calls during syslog-ng
operation, as gettimeofday() is expensive to call on some
* The SQL destination will only attempt to INSERT a given log
message 3 times, and after that it gives up, instead of trying
* Tru64 portability fixes.
* The functional test program was improved to check the new RFC5424
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:19:39 +0100
* Fixed two major memory leaks, one on input messages, one in
* Fixed escaped structured data processing.
* Fixed expanding SDATA references in templates which have multiple
dots in its name (e.g. when an OID is present in the name of the
SD param or SD-ID.
* pdbtool now correctly zero pads month and day fields in publish
date of the merged patterndb file.
* pdbtool won't link to unnecessary libraries, which fixes a
compilation problem on Solaris with flex installed.
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:25:18 +0100
This is the first public release of syslog-ng Open Source
syslog-ng 3.1 is the first so called "feature release" of
as such its support period ends when either the next feature (named
3.2) or the next stable (named 4.0) version is published.
* Support for patterndb v2 and v3 format, along with a bunch of new
parsers: ANYSTRING, IPv6, IPvANY and FLOAT.
* Added a new "pdbtool" utility to manage patterndb files: convert
them from v1 or v2 format, merge mulitple patterndb files
and look up matching patterns given a specific message.
* Support for message tags: tags can be assigned to log messages as
they enter syslog-ng: either by the source driver or via
Later it these tags can be used for efficient filtering.
* Added support for rewriting structured data.
* Macros and name-value pairs got a little tighter integration,
in filters where syslog-ng 3.0 was limited to only use name-value
pairs, with 3.1 you can also use macros.
* Enhanced dynamic name-value performance by a factor of three.
* Some parsers got additional features: NUMBER is now able to parse
hexadecimal numbers, ESTRING is now able to search for multiple
characters as the end of the string.
* Added non-standard and non-portable facility codes (range 10-15),
decouple syslog-ng facility name information from the system used
to compile syslog-ng on.
More information about the arch-dev-public