[arch-dev-public] current state of packages in core/base and some of extra for release media

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 28 15:01:18 CEST 2010

On 28/04/10 05:20, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> Hi guys,
> somewhere between now and now + a few weeks I would like to release new
> official media.

Cool.  I just used the 2009.04.19-core-i686 image to make a new install
with no issues.

> I will be building new testing builds this week, so to all maintainers
> who maintain packages in core/base or one of the following packages in
> extra: aufs2, aufs2-util, ddrescue, dosfstools, elinks, gnu-netcat, joe,
> lftp, memtest86+, nmap, ntfs-3g, ntfsprogs, ntp, parted, speedtouch,
> squashfs-tools, syslinux, tcpdump.
>
> anything i should know? anything important that has changed recently,
> or will change?

Only real change is the gcc-4.5 toolchain rebuild and kernel update,
which has required one kernel module to be rebuilt.  I'm not sure how
well aufs2 has been tested.

> should i wait for a new pacman? any new must-haves?

The next pacman looks still a while off at the moment.

Allan