[arch-dev-public] [signoff] util-linux-ng-2.18-3

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Mon Aug 2 10:57:59 EDT 2010

Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >> added nilfs2
patches from upstream
> >> and also added a fix for cfdisk
> >> partition
changer from upstream.
> >> please signoff both
> >> arches

greetings
> >> tpowa
> >
> > Do I understand it correctly that you took the
latest release (2.18)
> > and then applied some patches on top of it?  Isn't
this against our
> > patching policy?
>
> We apply patches from the
upstream repository all the time. These are
> not just random patches found
on some stupid mailing list, but patches
> that are queued for the next
official util-linux-ng release (at least I
> hope so, judging from Tobias'
mail).
Yes everything is from upstream git repository.

greetings
tpowa
--

Tobias Powalowski
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer
tpowa at archlinux.org