[arch-dev-public] Python-3.x transition with python-2.7 update

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Aug 4 15:56:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 10:56 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> I will schedule this for the week starting August the 9th.  This is 
> after the KDE 4.5 release but before the first beta for GNOME 3.0.
> It 
> will also give us plenty of time to clean out [testing] and perhaps
> get 
> that [staging] repo running?

As for GNOME 3.0: that isn't going to happen. Upstream decided to delay
GNOME 3.0 to next year and make a GNOME 2.32 with lots of things wrecked
out. Basically, GNOME 2.32 is just 2.30 with bugfixes and string/UI
breaks. I don't even think that will go through testing if I take a look
at expected changes.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list