[arch-dev-public] Finally: unit testing for our dbscritps

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Aug 7 14:20:00 EDT 2010

Hi all,

hacking on dbscritps was always a pain because manual tests were too
much work...so we mostly "tested" on the live system. To make our live
easier I have started to add a test suite based on shunit2 (see
http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/; if we want to use this in other
scripts I could put that into extra).

I have added some helper scripts which create some sample packages, svn
repo, staging dir etc. within a temp dir. Tests are more or less easy
now; see http://projects.archlinux.org/dbscripts.git/tree/test/runTest
for some examples. (this is also the script you have to run to check
dbscripts)

I'll add some more tests and hopefully new features to our dbscripts
can be added more easily without the fear of major breakage.

Greetings,

Pierre