[arch-dev-public] Finally: unit testing for our dbscritps

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Aug 8 12:19:12 EDT 2010

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 16:49:12 +0200, Pierre Schmitz
<pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 09:44:22 +1000, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
> wrote:
>> It would be great to get the package pool stuff pushed before the
>> "great python transition of 2010".
> In short: we are ready to go. I just need some admin to setup the dirs
> on gerolde and sigurd. (maybe rsync needs to be adjusted, too)

Btw: I plan to add better support for moving or adding a large number
of packages at the same time. This is needed to make these moves more or
less atomic. For example you'll be able to pipe a list of packages into
db-move: $ cat python-rebuild.txt | db-move - testing extra i686

Ideally we would have some kind of transactions; but that's not easy to
implement. At least due to package pooling db-move became quite cheap as
there is no need to move big pacakges around.

Greetings,

Pierre