[arch-dev-public] FluxBB update round two

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Aug 10 00:55:35 EDT 2010

Hi all,

there is a new FluxBB release (1.4.2:
http://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4504) I have tested the update
locally (with innodb this time). They have enlarged the post.message
column from text to mediumtext. Unfortunately this means rewriting the
whole table for innodb; so their web update script cannot be used. (yes,
I already complained and will open a bug report)

My plan is to issue the following command manually before the update:

  alter table posts change message message mediumtext

This takes about 10 minutes here and it seems the DB is not locked
during that time. (So, is it correct that we can keep the forums online
then?) If nobody objects I'll do the update tonight. (about now + 13h)

Greetings,

Pierre