[arch-dev-public] [staging] repository: Let's give it a try!

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Aug 12 06:09:18 EDT 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:38:24 +1000, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
wrote:
> My only question is, how soon can this be rolled out?  I intend the
> big, big, big python rebuild to start as soon as KDE is pushed to
> [extra].

I guess this could be done very soon (as in begin of next week). The
biggest part is probably the package pool implementation which is at
least feature complete. There are other improvements and refactoring I'd
like to do but this can be done in smaller steps later.

For the staging repo itself the needed dirs need to be created and the
rsync modules need to be adjusted. Also dbscripts and devtools should
know about this repo which is trivial.

Greetings,

Pierre