[arch-dev-public] Large packages in repositories

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Aug 17 11:12:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:28:17 +0200, Thomas Bächler
<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> We partly discussed this on aur-general, and making sage smaller is a
> bit of a long-term task, if even possible. Anyway, dbscripts lack
> support for having split packages with one package being
> architecture-independent, so even splitting these data files away won't
> be easy.

Just a side note: I fear there wont be support for split packages with
different arches in the near future due to some design problems mainly
with our svn repo layout. (sorry for lack of details but I'll send a
separate mail about it some day)

So for now its to sue a separate PKGBUILD if an "any" package is really
needed.

Greetings,

Pierre