[arch-dev-public] kde 4.5.0

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 04:15:16 EDT 2010

hey guys,

Yesterday I went through all open bug reports for kde 4.5.0 and was
able to close all of them (old user config issues/only updated part of
packages to testing/etc) except one [1], which seems to be ati/intel
related, causing the screen not to be updated when changing some
system settings if opengl compositing is used on some ati/intel cards.
opengl itself should work, just changing the settings hangs the
screen, xrender and no compositing are not affected (there is no fix
yet and it may as well be a bug in mesa or some).

As there are no other open kde 4.5.0 bug reports, I suppose it is time
to push it to extra and make place in testing now the translations are
in place. Should I write an announcement for the above issue?

regards,
Ronald

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20469