[arch-dev-public] [ANNOUNCEMENT DRAFT] True multilib for Arch Linux x86_64

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 26 18:09:24 EDT 2010

<draft>
I am happy to announce the availability of the new multilib repository.
At this time, it contains wine, skype and flashplugin. Furthermore, a
multilib compiler is available.

With the launch of the multilib repository all old 'lib32' packages are
being removed from community - the core/extra/community repositories
will be "pure 64 bit" again.

If you want to use the new multilib packages (and most desktop or laptop
users probably do), add the following lines to your pacman.conf:

[multilib]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
</draft>

Can someone help me with the formatting, as I have no idea which format
tags archweb allows for our news.