[arch-dev-public] nilfs-utils moving in core

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Dec 7 08:50:03 EST 2010

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:40:26 +0200
Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> i come across https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20261 and i see Dieter
> added support in aif for it but it needs to be added in core to
> include it on the cd.
>
> Don't know why nobody assigned that bug to me since i'm the
> maintainer of nilfs-utils even since it was in community.
>
> What do you think? Is it worth adding it? It must be in base group?

note that nilfs2 is still marked as experimental in the kernel.
it's also marked as experimental in aif.

But yes, I request moving it from extra to core, where it belongs (just
like all other fs utility packages).  This means it will also be on the
install cd's.
It does not need to be in base, because we want to get filesystem
utilities out of base.
see:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18495

Dieter