[arch-dev-public] Adding graphics support to the links package in core

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:56:53 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm thinking about adding graphics support to the links package in
core. By doing this, it'll save some time and work as there is
currently a links-g package in community that provides links with
graphics support (which I'm not maintaining, FTR).  So it make sense
to merge them.

I intend to implement this by having 2 binaries in the package:
- links: the text-only version (equivalent of the current links package)
- xlinks: the version with graphics and framebuffer support
(equivalent of the links-g package)

Obviously, the package will have makedepends and optdepends on X and
graphic libraries  from the extra repo but as several core package
already do so, I don't think there'll be a problem.

Any comments, suggestions or objections?

Eric