[arch-dev-public] plans for Xorg/Mesa - closed drivers may break for some time in testing

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Fri Dec 17 05:36:24 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 08:32 +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> My plan is to start bringing new libdrm/mesa7.10/Xorg1.10 in the next
> days to testing. This will improve (me prays) the situation for open
> source drivers but will probably break the proprietary drivers for
> some time.
>
> I don't follow the closed stuff. Maybe you know something about the
> state of catalyst and nvidia with new Xorg 1.10.

I would like to have libdrm/mesa7.10/xorg1.9 in extra first. Mesa 7.9
has its problems, so I don't think going to 7.10 is a bad idea. So far
the bug count for xorg-server is quite low at this moment, all problems
we're facing now comes from drivers, so I don't see reason to jump to a
release candidate of 1.10 now.