[arch-dev-public] [signoff] binutils-2.21 toolchain rebuild

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 17 14:44:59 EST 2010

On 18/12/10 04:55, Jan Steffens wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>  wrote:
>>   - provide gold linker as ld.gold (default remains the usual bfd linker)
>
> Is this gold built with plugin support? This is one of the really nice features.

Umm... no actually.

Long story:  I had it there and then disabled it as I got confused with
enabling LTO plugin support for the BFD linker which requires gcc to be
built with --enable-gold, which I do not want to do yet.  But that is
unneeded for plugin support in the gold linker and the BFD LTO plugin is
only actually available in binutils git so none of that mattered
anyway...  So I should re-enable it.

I also noticed I did not enable threading support for the gold linker.
I will do a rebuild of binutils enabling both of those tomorrow.

Allan