[arch-dev-public] MySQL 5.5

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 21 10:16:57 EST 2010

Hi all,
I am trying to update mysql to 5.5.8. It uses cmake now.

I built and successfully installed it on my system. It seems to work, but I
won't broke any Arch Linux system and I want to know the right procedure on
how to proceed with this major update.
Also, before I put the packages in [testing], I'd like if someone can take a
look to them or try the new packages.

PKGBUILD is here[1]; packages are here[2].
A diff between my PKGBUILD and the current one is here[3].

Remember that you need to run mysql_upgrade as root after the installation and
with mysql running. I added a message to post_update() for this.

Cheers

[1] http://dev.archlinux.org/~andrea/pkgs/mysql/PKGBUILD
[2] http://dev.archlinux.org/~andrea/pkgs/mysql/
[3] http://dev.archlinux.org/~andrea/pkgs/mysql/svn.diff