[arch-dev-public] devtools and db-scripts plans

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 4 07:23:56 EST 2010

Hi all,

There has been talk about what is needed/wanted for the future of
devtools and db-scripts but not much done lately.  So I thought I would
get together a list of ideas so we could perhaps do a coding sprint to
implement them.  Here is what I have got so far:

devtools
  - split-PKGBUILDs with (supported in future pacman):
    -> both binary and arch=any packages
    -> overridden pkgver
    -> overridden pkgrel (and only selected sub-packages)
  - support for xz compression (nothing needed?)

db-scripts
  - support for xz compression transition (e.g. in clean-up script)
  - support for single "package" directory with symlinks to repos
  - allow db-move to handle multiple packages
    (or add a script to help moving from community-testing)
  - delta support...

Any others?

Allan