[arch-dev-public] WARNING: mkinitcpio 0.5.99.3 (kill-klibc) live in testing!

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 10 18:07:07 EST 2010

Am 10.02.2010 18:46, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> I am still looking for someone to implement NFS root with this, please
>> contact me if you are interested. This will not be the final version,
>> there is still some work to do, but for now this requires more testing.
>
> Okay, version 0.5.99.5 is up. This adds NFS support, but that requires
> the packages mkinitcpio-nfs-utils, which I haven't created yet, and
> maybe won't until tomorrow or so. Other than that, mkinitcpio should be
> feature-complete and thus be considered "0.6-rc1".
>
> I will send another message when mkinitcpio-nfs-utils (which is ipconfig
> and nfsmount ported from klibc) is up so NFS support can be tested.

A git repository for these tools has been set up at
http://projects.archlinux.org/mkinitcpio-nfs-utils.git/

I still need to add a license, after I find out how the original tools
were licensed (there is some confusion, I think they were BSD, but also
might be GPL, the original klibc tarball doesn't say). After that and
some small Makefile changes, I will provide a package for it.