[arch-dev-public] [PATCH] fixed detection of CONSOLEFONT and enabled all *gz fonts

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:51:23 EST 2010

On 02/12/2010 01:49 AM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 11.02.2010 22:08, schrieb Ionut Biru:
>> Hi,
>> First the current implementation doesn't work since CONSOLEFONT is
>> always zero. Second i don't know anything about fonts and why does the
>> first commiter only enabled pfsu.gz fonts but i tested with a psf.gz
>> font and is working fine and i decided to add any *.gz font.
>> Comments?
> If you had posted your patch inline (as git intended it) I could comment
> on it directly, but now thunderbird won't quote it.
> First, you introduced a broken if [ ... ] statement in the first hunk
> that will cause an error (missing space).
> Second, the original commiter intended the console font to be set in
> mkinitcpio.conf, so he can remove the consolefont setting in rc.conf.
> Apparently his system boots faster this way.
> Third, using a * in finding the file may return several files.
> Furthermore, the * won't be expanded because it is quoted.
> Did you test this patch at all?

i did test it but i misspelled when doing the patch. Here is another 
patch that only fixes detecting the font in rc.conf since i don't see 
any point of loading from mkinitcpio.conf. I removed psf.gz since i 
didn't find what's the difference between psfu.gz and psf.gz and maybe 
it supposed to be handled in other way.

I hope that now is inline. Thunderbird 3 is sending as "real 
attachments" now.

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: 0001-fix-detection-of-CONSOLEFONT-from-rc.conf.patch
URL: <http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/attachments/20100212/72e1d188/attachment.ksh>

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list