[arch-dev-public] [signoff] filesystem 2010.02-2

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Feb 12 21:44:22 EST 2010

Am Samstag, 6. Februar 2010 05:51:02 schrieb Allan McRae:
> > It would be nicer if you did the change automatically from
> > post_install/post_upgrade. Detecting the presence of the include is
> > simple done with grep, and adding it is a simple echo. Other packages
> > touch this file directly and will get changed to dropping an
> > ld.so.conf.d file in the future, those packages will stop working if
> > this ld.so.conf change isn't done.
> > The filesystem package touches the group and passwd files in the same
> > way, so there's no excuse not to do this change automatically.
>
> So...  what are we doing for this?   I have a couple of packages I want
> to update to this new include directory but will hold off until this
> leaves [testing].

I think this is correct. I thought about it and on the one hand ld.so.conf is
aconfig file; but it's not one that is edited by the user but by several
packages on install.

So its fine to update it during the upgrade. Maybe in future versions if all
other packages use the include dir we can remove that file from the backup
array.

I went ahead and put filesystem-2010.02-2 into testing.

Please sign off.