[arch-dev-public] Let's agree on a common coding style

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Feb 14 03:02:26 EST 2010

Am Sonntag, 14. Februar 2010 00:42:21 schrieb Allan McRae:
> As an aside, big patches that change coding style and touch the majority
> of the file are really, really annoying when using "git blame".  I know
> you can work around it but...
>
> Allan

I don't see another way around this. Although I never found those blame
functions of vcs of any use I agree that such commits make the history quite
unreadable.

That's why you define a coding guideline beforehand and you should be a little
picky about it.

But in this case I don't see another option; but those scripts are not that
complex that this matters a lot.