[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] Let's agree on a common coding style

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 15:37:14 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 1:08 AM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Keeping it consistent-by-individual should be enough, i.e you don't
> change your own style across your works, and if you do you should
> reflect the new style throughout everything else.

It's easy to see how quickly this can turn into a bikeshed debate.

Regarding the tab widths, I'm curious to know how some of you handle
pseudo source code, such as XHTML/CSS. Using 8-col tab widths in HTML
can get ridiculous due to the nesting involved.

Also, do you guys setup autocmds in vim for handling all non-code
files, or do you set up autocmds explicitly for source code files and
leave the default tabwidth to something more conservative?  I work
with such a mix of file types so frequently that I'm not sure which
practise to apply by default.